What are Career Assessments?
Career Assessments are a great way to learn about your skills, interests, personality and values. Remember that assessments should be used to help give you ideas of careers. They should not be used as the deciding factor for pursuing one career over another.
- If a career you are considering doesn't show up on an assessment, don't panic! You will just want to make sure that you explore that career fully to ensure that it fits well with who you are!
How do I take an online Career Assessment?
Myer-Briggs Type Indicator
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) identifies your personality style and identifies careers to explore.
The O*Net Interest Profiler can help you find out what your interests are and how they relate to the world of work. You can use the resultsto help you decide what kinds of careers you might want to explore. If you would like to take the O*Net Interest Profiler, please follow the 5 steps.
- Go to mynextmove.org/explore/ip
- Complete the Assessment (60 Questions)
- Print or save your O*Net Interest Profiler: Score Report
- Learn more about Job Zonesand Careers that might interest by Navigating to the two buttons in the system. Print off or save your Job Zones and Careers Reports.
IMPORTANT: The online assessments require a username & password. To receive the username & password, schedule an initial consultation by setting up an appointment through handshake here.