What is the Professional Clothing Closet (PCC)?
The Professional Clothing Closet is a free suit rental service for UC Merced students. Our professional closet has items including suits, jackets, pants, and skirts. Students can borrow attire for interviews or other occasions where professional clothing is required. Students may borrow the clothing for up to five business days, or for longer periods of time if needed.
Students wishing to rent apparel should bring a valid CatCard with them.
- Garment Cleaning Policy: Every garment is dry-cleaned after use and then returned to inventory for other students to rent.
- Hours of Operation (by appointment only beginning August 30, 2022):
- Tuesday's and Thursday's - 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Wednesday's: 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Location: Basic Needs Center (TC 106)
- For up-to-date hours, please visit their website here.
The Clothing Closet is operated by the Basic Needs Center. Suits were provided at cost by the JCPenney store at the Merced Mall. Generous financial support provided by: The UC Merced Alumni Association, University Friends Circle, Levi Strauss & Co., Enterprise Rent-A-Car and many individual donations.
Donations of used clothing are not currently being accepted. Please contact the Basic Needs Center if you would like to make a financial contribution to the Professional Clothing Closet or visit giving.ucmerced.edu/clothing-closet