The Iris Booth offers consistent, high-quality portraits every time, conveniently located on campus.
Hours and Location
Location: Student Commuter Lounge (Sentinel Rock, Room 145).
Hours: Monday - Thursday 10:00am - 8:00pm, Friday 10:00am - 5:00pm.
Why Professional Headshots?
- Social Media
- Handshake profiles
- Websites (meet the team or personal features sections)
- Presentation or panel materials
- Any media feature
- Maximum occupancy during any session is one person. Please respect the privacy of individuals taking photos before and after you.
- The booth is used on a first-come, first-served basis. Please be respectful of this process. The average time in each session is 5 minutes.
- There is NO CHARGE TO USE THIS BOOTH.
- Please only use the booth for professional headshots. Be respectful of individuals waiting to use the booth and only use it for its intended purpose. All photos can be reviewed by professional staff, please do not take inappropriate photos.
- Dress appropriately and professionally.
- Users will have an opportunity to digitally edit photos when the photos are downloaded after the session.
- All users must have a valid UC Merced email address to use the booth. The IRIS Booth domain has been approved by the UC Merced network.
- Users receive email communications with instructions for establishing an Iris account and downloading headshots.
- All users must enter their UC Merced email address and accept the terms and conditions before the photo session begins.
- Please do not move the stool in the booth. It is ideally placed to provide the best photos. Adjusting the height as instructed by the booth is acceptable.
The photo booth is being provided to users for the purpose of professional headshots. Please note that the Student Career Center has administrative access to all photos and reviews them periodically to ensure appropriate use and content. Inappropriate use will result in suspension of future access to the booth, as well as referral to the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities for potential disciplinary action.