An interview is a way for a hiring manager to evaluate a prospective student or employee for a job, internship, or school admission. Interviews are an important aspect of the application process because it provides a two-way opportunity for the employer to consider and assess the candidate as well as the interviewee to grasp a better understanding of the organization, job, company, or school.
- Standout, a new practice interview resource!
- What Really Matters in Interviews from the American Psychological Association (APA)
- The STAR Interview Method from "The Interview Guys"
- Things to NEVER Say at a Job Interview (pdf)
- Tips for the day of the Interview from "Top Resume"
- Post-Interview Tips from "theBalanceCareers"
Company Research is Critical:
Knowing as much as you can about a company is key to success in an interview and can help you understand if you would fit in. Official sources such as the company website and news sites are great, but so are unofficial sites such as blogs, Facebook, and Twitter.